Thursday, April 14, 2011

Have a Hobbit Day :)

Hobbit Video Blog Day - April 14, 2011




What a lovely Hobbit Day!  Today Sir Peter Jackson blessed all fans with his first marvelous video blog, posted on his Facebook page:


A beautiful gift for all Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit fans...and a special day for all Richard Armitage fans...especially because of the Powhiri video at the link below:

 (Thanks to bccmee2)

For research purposes as a member of the RA Academy I have now viewed the Powhiri video with Richard Armitage 49,548 time, and feel I've yet to discern every single nuance of his mastery of Maori or the lovely sound of his voice, or his gorgeous self.  I must resume my studies and burn the midnight oil this evening with a glass of my favorite wine.

(I marvel at the fact the a few months ago I had no idea what a Powhiri was. The Hobbit is very educational.)


 (cap thanks to RichardArmitageNet.com)

Now I know everyone in Richard Armitage World has seen the videos and viewed the caps thousands of times by now.  But after watching PJ's video for 5,459 times I spotted this:


Yes - that is the back of Richard's head (my own low quality cap).   Remember, others may have lots of caps of the Powhiri ceremony and RA, but I have the back of his lovely head.  Note you saw it here at  White Rose: Sincere and Simple Thoughts.

I also have observed other wondrous sightings in PJ's video:

(Rob Kazinsky and my own low quality cap)

For those that don't know, the handsome man pointing at us through the screen is Robert Kazinsky.  Dear Rob, thank you for all your tweets and for keeping all of your followers on Twitter updated on the goings on in New Zealand as you and the rest of the cast go through this adventure. In case you don't know, we love you for it. 
(April 24, 2011- Sad to see this morning that Rob Kazinsky is leaving The Hobbit for personal reasons. I know it has to be sad for him to leave, he was so enthusiastic about being Fili and the entire experience. I wish him all the best in his life, both personal and professional, and will truly miss his messages from NZ)


(my own low quality cap)

For everyone that still thinks Middle-Earth Dwarves can't be handsome, I present Fili (Rob Kazinsky) and Kili (Aidan Turner). 

It took me a while to recognize Aidan Turner without his long, curly locks. But now that I've watched the video tons of time,  I think he looks very handsome indeed with short hair and wild beard.

(Aidan Turner as John Mitchell in Being Human)

Spoilers.........................

Dear Aidan, I was so sad when our troubled, sexy, and loving vampire John Mitchell (Being Human) was killed by a "Hobbit" shaped bullet at the end of Season 3. I will miss Mitchell and the marvelous character you created of a tortured and lethal man, who was still capable of loving and inspiring much love. 

My own words fail me trying to describe how I feel as a Richard Armitage fan today after seeing him take the lead at the Powhiri ceremony (see video above).  I think only watching the video of him at the ceremony could do this moment justice, but to be serious for a moment, I will leave you with a few lines of a poem (not my own):

(cap from RichardArmitageNet.com)

For Richard Armitage

My struggle is harsh and I come back
with eyes tired
at times from having seen
the unchanging earth,
but when your laughter enters
it rises to the sky seeking me
and it opens for me all
the doors of life.
(Pablo Neruda)




Today was a lovely day.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...