Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Comic-Con Live Coverage Quick Guide Lite: Hobbit, Raining Thorins, Dwarves, Game of Thrones, and More







If you are like me, with no possible way to be at the San Diego Comic-Con this week, you want to know the next best thing, how to watch the most of what is going on at Comic-Con from your living room, laptop, PC, Tablet, etc. 

Here is my quick guide on some outlets that will be covering SDCC and you know they will be covering The Hobbit panels and events, as well as the Game of Thrones panel and more. I don't know if all of it is available everywhere around the world, but you can follow the links and find out for yourselves. I'll be glued to SDCC every afternoon from tomorrow afternoon on (I'm in EST time) and I hope all of us fellow fans can meet up on Twitter or elsewhere to share the moments on Saturday especially. 

SDCC Quick Guide Watch:

TheOneRing.net

Our friends at TORn are covering this event "like many blankets". Follow their site and watch live at the link below. Remember their panel is on Thursday:


May I say that I want all of the buttons they will have at Comic-Con, especially one, and I think you all can guess the one:




G4TV:



I have two G4 channels thanks to my Cable-TV provider (and the many hard earned bucks I pay for the privilege). Their SDCC coverage starts tomorrow, Thursday. Now I'm in the US, so I don't know if it is available elsewhere, or through other outlets, but you can all check it out on their Website:


And follow them on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/g4tv



SPIKE:






Another channel I have on my US Cable-TV. SPIKE will have "Comic-Con All Access Live" starting on July 13. You can all check out their Website to find out the particulars of their coverage:


http://www.spike.com/events/all-access-comic-con/

You can also follow Spike TV on Twitter:


https://twitter.com/spiketv


I should also mention that TORn, G4, and SPIKE are also on Facebook. Go to their sites for the information.


In my past experience the major Comic-Con panels are also eventually posted by various attendees on YouTube. I've watched panels from Being Human and Game of Thrones that way in the past. So if all else fails, and it won't believe me, you can watch it on YouTube eventually. (Yes, I am an ancient Geek Lite!).


In case you wondered, no, I have never been to Comic-Con.
______


I have no doubt that Richard Armitage will be wonderful on Saturday, and I hope it's not all overwhelming to him. 


I do wonder what he thinks of all the Raining Thorins!?



______________


On a very sad note for RA fans this Comic-Con Eve:



_____________________


Let's have a fun Hobbit Comic-Con time and enjoy everyone.

From First Press Conference for The Hobbit













4 comments:

  1. Fabo, thanks for making everyone aware of the various places to keep up with the Comic Con goings on! I'm hoping (along with everyone else, I'm sure) that G4 or Spike will air The Hobbit panel live. But as you said, if not some lucky fan will record it and post to YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. That's very sweet of you to say.
      I think the best best is to follow TORN on July 14. G4TV if you have that, has coverage starting at 4pm EST, but I don't know how much of The Hobbit they'll include. It will be an exciting day.

      Delete
  2. ComicCon brought me into twitter.A dream to be there. Again, lots of stuff to read! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cris Lis! Good to see you here :)

    isn't Twitter great! Also a bit addictive I have to say. Lots of RA news to share always. Wonderful isn't it after the long drought to have this RA flood.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...